How to get rid of internet addiction?
As we all know, there are certain dangerous aspects of the internet and among them, there is a danger of getting addicted to the internet. Among 60% of the people who surf the internet are addicted to the same as they are glued to their phones or computers all the time looking at this or that – really trivial stuff of no importance- but they stick to it nonetheless. Now if you are one of them, then instead of being ashamed of the same, go for the steps below which will help you to get rid of your addiction in a jiffy.
Health hazards if the internet
Things you should do get rid of the internet addiction:
- Believe that you are at the risk of an addiction– First, admit to yourself that you are addicted and then do everything you can to stop the process. It should begin with you restricting your computer time. This way, you will be able to stay off from the internet as well.
- Fix a time for surfing the internet and add an alarm to the same. For example, fix a time during which you will be on the internet but make sure that you set an alarm that will go off after the particular duration of time. Once that is done, make sure of the fact that you are determined to get off.
- Call people more instead of texting them– A major part of the conversation nowadays happens in a textual way and that is what keeps your internet time increasing. Now all you have to do is to make sure of the fact that you cal more than you text so that you spend less time chatting.
- Save the needed data in the hard form– If you have to use the internet for checking out the same thing again and again, then you can lessen the time by saving the same in the printout form so that you do not indulge on the internet more than it is needed.
- Indulge in other hobbies as well– It cannot be that apart from surfing the internet you do not have any other interests, so instead of killing the time, all you need to do is to make sure of the fact that you pursue the hobbies that you might be having so that you can remain distracted from the internet as long as you possibly can.
You can also refer to advantages and disadvantages of internet