How to root Yu Yuphoria: This guide will help you root your Micromax Yu Yuphoria. This method involves unlocking boot loader and installing custom recovery.
Micromax is a growing and aspiring company that has been launching two successful devices recently, The Yu Yureka and the Yu Yuphoria. The price and the performance attracted load of customers to buy the phone and I would say Yuphoria is one hell of a phone to consider. But for those who are not satisfied by the customization and performance it gives, you are at the right place. Lets root this baby up.
For all those starters who are not aware of what is rooting, please stand by for a moment and make sure you know what you are doing.
What is rooting? Am I doing the right thing?
Rooting is the process of gaining root access to the phone. Gaining power user rights of course. So what’s wrong in it? With great power comes great responsibilities, exactly with all the freedom on the phone no one will stop you from changing any of the stock values in the phone. That is you can increase the clock speed voltage flows and everything. So getting thing clear to you. Lets roll..
NOTE: This root guide is for educational purpose only, any burned and dead phones are not our responsibility. Do it at your own risk. Don’t worry, our team of professionals will always cover your sorry phones. So got into a problem? Chill out and drop the doubts down in the comments.
So what can you do after rooting the phone?
- So what is that you can’t do? Enjoy the power of controlling what you want!
Change the boot logo, fonts, themes and icons
- Change the notification lights (Sorry Yuphoria has no notification lights 🙁 )
- Change the clock speed and voltage (only for the pros)
- Change recovery, install new recovery, touch recovery and all sorts of recoveries.
- Full control in short
Before you root we have a few requirements
- First of all, you need to have Developer Options enabled on your Yuphoria. To enable developer mode, go to your Settings app and then tap the About Phone option. In there, scroll down to find the Build Number field. Tap this field at least 7 times, till a toast message saying “You are now a developer!” appears. The Developer Options option should now be available in your Settings app. You can see that in the bottom of the settings.
Note: Don’t get overwhelmed, they call my 3 year cousin brother who clicked it unknowingly 7 times. Anyway keep going
- Charge your device to a full 100% I dont take risks. Pros just leave it 50%+
- The phone (Yuphoria only) of course and a PC
- Download all these tools ( They are required for rooting)
Lets get started with rooting Yuphoria
How to unlock the Boot loader of the Yu Yuphoria!
Install the Temporary recovery!
Time to ROOT your Yuphoria