Android One devices can be considered as one of the best devices to buy at a cheap rate. It’s like the Nexus for the guys who doesn’t like to spend a share of his earning into buying a good device.
The following tutorial will guide you to unlock bootloader & root your Android One device. This tutorial will work for Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream Uno and Karbonn Sparkle V, no matter whether you are on 5.0.2 or 5.1.1.
- An Android One device.
- A PC with internet connection.
- Android One Toolkit Download from here.
- SuperSu zip from here.
Step 1 –UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER.
- Unlocking your bootloader will VOID Your Warranty & it will format your phone, so make a backup of your personal things.
- First of all, enable USB Debugging. To do this, go to ‘settings’ & scroll to ‘About Phone’.
- In ‘About Phone’, scroll to ‘Build Number ‘ &tap it until it shows you ‘ You are now a Developer’.
Now go back and you will see ‘Developer options’. Enter it and enable ‘USB Debugging’.
- Now ON your PC and install ‘Android One Toolkit’ which you have downloaded earlier & open it.
- Now connect your phone to your PC.Now click on ‘Install Drivers’, which you see in the rightmost corner of the UI of the toolkit. Let it install the drivers.
- Now click on ‘List Devices’ tab in leftmost corner. If your device is properly connected; it will give you some numbers. If it does not retry the above mentioned process properly.
- So now click on the ‘Unlock Bootloader’ It will boot your device in the fastboot mode. Press volume + button to confirm the unlocking of bootloader.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked; your phone will boot automatically & you can see ‘OEM UNLOCKED’ on the left lower corner of your device while it boots. This boot will take some time, so do not panic.
Step 2- FLASHING TWRP.
- Once your phone completely boots, enable ‘USB Debugging’. Follow the same steps as mentioned above.
- Connect your phone to PC & copy the SUPERSU zip in the SD card of your phone.
- Open the Toolkit and click on ‘list devices’ & select theTWRP recovery and click ‘Flash Recovery’. Wait for some time & your device will boot in normal mode.
- Once your device boots up; click on the ‘Recovery’ tab, this will boot your device into your TWRP recovery.
- Now tap on ‘Install’ on your phone. Scroll to the SUPERSU zip & swipe right to Flash.
- Once the SUPERSU zip gets flashed, a reboot to system.
CONGRATULATION!! You have successfully ROOTED your Android One.
NOTE : Now, Download different custom ROMS for your device and flash via TWRP Recovery.